Arsenal signing Bruno Guimaraes set to miss weeks with fresh injury

Arsenal new signing Bruno Guimaraes is set to miss several weeks with a fresh injury, reports said on August 21, 2026, with concerns surfacing ahead of Arsenal’s Premier League fixture with Coventry City.
Guimaraes joined Arsenal from Newcastle United this summer, leaving St. James’ Park after five years and arriving at the Emirates as a 28-year-old midfield recruit. The club’s new £75 million signing made his FA Community Shield debut last Sunday in a 3-0 triumph over Manchester City and had been acclimating to his new environment.
Luke Edwards of The Telegraph wrote: “Hearing Bruno Guimaraes has picked up an untimely injury at the start of his Arsenal career. Not sure how long he’s out for yet but told it could be a few weeks.”
Multiple outlets reported the injury setback, with the news emerging in the build-up to the Premier League meeting with Coventry City. Those reports said the problem will keep Guimaraes out for a number of weeks, though precise timelines vary between accounts.
Mikel Arteta confirmed that Guimaraes was a doubt in his pre-match news conference on Thursday and said: “Let’s see how he is. He’s evolving really well, but let’s see for tomorrow.” Arteta also indicated that Declan Rice and Bukayo Saka were set to play in the upcoming fixture.
Arsenal have targeted consecutive Premier League titles this season, and the club’s failure to register Guimaraes in the opening weeks would deprive Mikel Arteta of one of his major summer additions during the early part of the campaign.
The precise duration of Guimaraes’ likely absence has not been established, and it has been reported he could be out for weeks with a fresh injury.
Multiple reports state Guimaraes will miss Arsenal’s match against Coventry City; the club has not disclosed how long he will be sidelined.