Mohammed criticises Salem Spartans' planning after TNPL Season 10

22 Aug 2026, 11:05 pm IST|
Mohammed criticises Salem Spartans' planning after TNPL Season 10

On August 22, 2026 in Chennai, Salem Spartans all-rounder M. Mohammed delivered a blunt assessment of his team's showing in TNPL Season 10 when asked to sum up the campaign. He said the side's planning and preparation were inadequate.

Mohammed gave a no-holds-barred response when questioned about a disappointing TNPL Season 10 campaign. He vented his frustration over how the team had been managed during the tournament. The Spartans secured just a solitary win.

Mohammed said the squad looked strong on paper. He noted the team included about eight players who had played for Tamil Nadu. He also said there were players who had been part of the TNPL since the first season but weren’t trusted enough.

“Speaking as someone who has played cricket for many years, we did not plan on what to do against other teams. If we had done that, the results would have been different,” added the 34-year-old.

The article was published on August 22, 2026 at 11:05 pm IST from Chennai. Comments on the site must be in English and in full sentences and cannot be abusive or personal, according to the publication’s guidelines. The Hindu has migrated to a new commenting platform; registered users who are logged in may continue to engage with articles, and users without an account must register and log in to post comments. Users can access their older comments by logging into their accounts on Vuukle.

The Spartans finished bottom of the pile in TNPL Season 10. Their single victory left them at the foot of the standings.

Salem SpartansM. MohammedTNPL Season 102026